13 Questions To Ask In Every Personal Training Sales Consultation
Sales is mostly about connecting the dots for your prospect so they see the value in your training program. If your approach to sales is mostly highlighting your credentials as a trainer or using big, fancy words to describe muscles you’re doing it wrong.
It’s your role as the sales person to make sure you know how to best help this client and learn about what they value and need from a coach. The only way to get that information is to ask a lot of questions.
The questions you as in your consultation will help you discover the potential new client’s biggest fears, challenges, objections and desires. Armed with that information you’ll be able to clearly layout a plan to help them reach even their biggest goals.
These questions serve as a starting point. It’s imporant that you don’t take their answers at face value and use the “5 Why’s” Method. After each answer ask “why?” to get the client to open up a bit more and go deeper into their answer.
13 Must Ask Sales Questions
1. What is it that you hope to accomplish by hiring a personal trainer/joining a gym?
2. Tell me how you decided to meet with me today? What was the one thing that made you
3. Have you tried any other fitness programs or gyms out? If so, what’d you like about them?
4. It looks like you’ve tried a lot of things, why do you think they didn’t work for you or the
results didn’t stick?
5. You’d like to [lose weight, get fit, tone, build strength, be healthy]. How do you feel about
not being that now?
6. What do think you are giving up by not being [end result/goal]?
7. Tell me how you feel when you wake up in the morning or when you look in the mirror?
8. Who do you feel like supports you? Who’s holding you back?
9. Where you want to be in 6 months…a year? What do you look like, feel like, do, etc?
10. Tell me how you think you’ll feel when you’re finally [end result/goal]?
11. What are the biggest obstacles that have kept you from [reaching goal, losing weight,
etc] on your own already?
12. What are you hoping that I can help you with most?
13. What do you need from us to succeed?
These are baseline questions that will start to get the individual to open up and give you the
information you need to build value in the next stage of the consultation.
Trying asking these questions in your next consultation and see if it makes selling your programs easier.
Get Our Entire Sales Process
Using a repeatable, reliable process to sell your training services is the only way to predictably grow your business. Not only will it improve your conversion rates but it will allow you to train other members of your team to sell for you, giving you the freedom you need to focus on growing your business.
Our FR Sales Process and Surefire Closing System is a plug and play system that has helped hundreds of fitness pros optimize thier sales.