26 Tips For Using Your Email Newsletter To Get More Clients
How to Use Your E-Newsletter to Get More Clients
Email marketing is one of the absolute best ways to grow your fitness business, get more personal training clients and establish yourself as the go-to expert in your area.
Having an email list gives you the power to send valuable messages and content to an active audience. Unlike social media, with email marketing you have much more control over the content you send and if it gets seen.
26 Email Newsletter Tips to Get More Clients
To help you put the power of an email newsletter to work for you, here are 26 tips you can use to get more clients, grow your personal training business and increase your expert status:
- Don’t send mass emails from your business or regular email like Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Always use an email service provider like ConvertKit to send your email marketing and newsletters.
- Ensure your email newsletters are mobile friendly. More and more people are looking at email on smartphones and tablets.
- Make it simple to subscribe. Requiring just first name and email will get you the most subscribers. You can always collect more info later on with surveys and other gifts.
- Offer an ethical bribe or gift in exchange for your subscribers contact info.
- Send a welcome email right away that tells your subscriber what to expect and introduces them to your business.
- Write like you speak. Don’t try to impress your readers with your knowledge.
- Stay on a consistent schedule.
- More isn’t always better. It’s better to send one valuable email per week than five emails with little substance.
- Use a 3 to 1 ratio of content to sales emails.
- Personalize your emails and subject lines by using your subscriber’s name. Just don’t over do it.
- Attention grabbing headlines that are specific and mention specific results or outcomes will get your emails opened more often.
- Use your emails to get your subscribers to take action. Never write an email without a defined purpose and next step (even if that’s clicking to go to a blog or video).
- If you use images make sure they enhance your email content not draw away from it.
- Talk in the third person, avoid using “I” but make sure you use a lot of “you”.
- Make a list of your Ideal Client’s top 50 questions about fitness, nutrition and lifestyle and answer those in your email or blog content.
- Testimonials and client success stories are great for inspiring your subscribers and encouraging them to sign up.
- Shorter emails are better. If you have a lot to say direct your subscribers to your blog via email.
- Add your personality to your emails. You want subscribers to know, like and trust you.
- Don’t worry if you aren’t great at writing. You’ll get better with practice.
- Focus on benefits vs features in your emails when you’re selling.
- Make sure you have multiple links in your emails.
- Having a link in the first 2-3 lines of your email is key for increasing clicks.
- Make your call to actions very clear.
- Use buttons if your email service provider has them.
- The P.S. can be a powerful way to summarize the message of your email, but don’t overuse it.
- Space out your writing. No more than 2-3 lines per paragraph. It makes it easier to read and scan.
These 26 tips will help you maximize your email marketing plan and use your newsletter to get more clients. If you’re looking for a system to help you automate your email marketing, check out our 5 Step Sales Funnel mini course!