If You Have A Great Attitude and Are Passionate About Results, Team, and Learning New Things, and are Looking for Opportunity With a Company Being Recognized for Fast Growth, Customer AND Employee Satisfaction, We Have a Fast-Paced and Fulfilling Job Opportunity That Might Be Just for You!
From: Kelly Berry, VP of Operations
Dear Prospective Team Member,
Thanks for taking the time to visit this site! You should have arrived here because you saw our job posting and decided to take action! It’s our intention with this letter to attract exactly the right person we are looking for – and that may be you – so we can fill this fun and rewarding position and take this page down immediately.
So, let me tell you a little about our company and the job.
My name is Kelly Berry, and I am the Vice President of Operations for Fitness Revolution. Our headquarters is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, however many of our team members are all over the country, working remotely.
Fitness Revolution is dedicated to providing fitness professionals the tools and support they need to build the businesses of their dreams.
We know that our biggest assets are our Team and our knowledge. We’re in business to put innovative ideas, techniques, skills, and methodologies in the hands of fitness professionals and business owners.
We pride ourselves on being at the top of the class with our subject matter, subject matter experts, and our values. We’ve been recognized during our 10+ years for speed of growth, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction – multiple times over in each category. To us that is representative of the passion that we put into making sure that we don’t sacrifice one of those areas in favor of any of the others.
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, is results driven, an effective communicator, organized, and hard working to join our Team as an Office Administrator for Fitness Revolution. The Office Administrator is responsible for supporting our operations function in the organization to include live event administrative support, customer support and general office and administrative support.
This position is for a full-time Office Administrator working a schedule of 40 hours per week at our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. There may be some non-traditional hours involved at times, including evenings and weekends and some occasional travel as we host events around the country.
Make no mistake about it, we work extremely hard. We also understand the importance of personal balance, and find ways to facilitate that with our Team. What we’re doing is getting attention. We’re very proud to have been able to grow at the pace that we have, while maintaining our quality standards in the eyes of our customers, and becoming a career for our Team members – all at the same time.
What the Position Requires
- Manage our live event support tasks. We hold both on-site and off-site events and meetings which require coordination such as completing travel arrangements, on-site preparation and event execution responsibilities. Building in person relationships with our customers is incredibly important, so we always put our best foot forward when planning and executing events.
- Manage partner support processes. Our customers are so important to us, we consider them partners. This role requires ongoing support and communication with our partners through various channels, which may include email, telephone, live chat.
- Manage office resources, supplies and environment. We are proud of our office and our on-site meeting facility. We want to make sure that our team, partners and guests feel welcome when they walk through the door and they have what they need to do their job or what they are there to do.
- Complete administrative responsibilities. Our business has a lot of moving parts and we are looking for someone capable and organized to keep us moving forward.
Prerequisite Skills and Attitude
- Technology and computer applications: You must be very comfortable using various computer applications and electronic communication. The majority of our Team is virtual, and we use video conferencing technology to communicate daily. Phone and email communication skills are necessities. Familiarity with Google Docs is a plus.
- Desire to learn and grow: We’re very serious about this! We want a person who is motivated to get better every day and who isn’t shy about suggesting ideas on how we can improve our processes. We want someone who learns and grows with our company.
- The ability to problem solve: This position requires some independent thinking and ability to assess a situation and make a good decision. This position is not for someone that wants to simply follow a checklist.
- Organized and Attentive to Detail: This is a must! You will need to be attentive to even the smallest of details to ensure we’re meeting our quality standards.
- High School diploma required, 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
How To Apply
We’re looking to fill this position soon. So if this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions precisely. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
Here’s what I need from you:
- Send a resume that includes your education, ALL prior work experience (yes, we even want to know if you mowed lawns when you were 14), and any skills you have. It should be no longer than 2 pages. Do not send a cover letter.
- In a separate document, list three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the references (i.e. – previous employer, college professor, etc).
- A one page document with the following answers/information:
- What’s the most important thing you want us to know about you
- Tell us what you know about Fitness Revolution
- Give one example of how you’ve demonstrated one of our Core Values
- Tell us what you would expect out of your ideal work environment
- Email the documents as MS Word files to Kelly Berry, email@example.com with the subject line: FR Office Administrator Submission (Your Last Name)
Here is the Office Administrator position description, and here are our Core Values. If you followed the instructions properly, you will hear from us within 5 business days of completing the application process. If we feel you may be a good fit for the position, we’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview. If we feel you may not be a fit right now, we will contact you and let you know and to thank you for your time.
The sooner we get your application, the better. We’re going to hire the person we believe is the best fit to our Team. The position will be gone when we find that person, even if that’s the first application we see. We believe in taking action quickly. So get your application in as soon as possible! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thank you very much for your interest.
VP of Operations
P.S. – We are not a ‘suit-and-tie’ corporate type of environment. We are an entrepreneurial small business. We move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. We’re not a company with positions where just showing up is enough. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business.
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go long way in my book. As long as you have the skills we mentioned and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate!