10 Reasons Fitness Pros Should Attend Live Events
It’s easier than ever to access information from experts all over the world. Blogs, podcasts, YouTube and social media make everyone and everything accessible. Which makes you think long and hard about attending a live event, conference or summit.
When attending a live event you have to fork out travel expenses, hotel, food, time away from the business and time away from family. There’s no question it is an investment. The determining factor is the return on that investment.
After running a 3+ hour workshop for sports performance and youth fitness business owners at last weeks IYCA Summit I did a little reflecting on the benefits of getting to these live events for a business owner. Here are my top 10 reasons you MUST get to live events if you want to succeed.
10 Reasons You MUST Attend Live Events
- It gives you the chance to connect, in person, with other people who are going through the same challenges and facing the same difficult situations as you.
- You have the opportunity to feel connected to a community bigger than yourself that can motivate you and inspire you take bigger, bolder actions to grow your business.
- There is no better learning environment than live, in-person learning from experts all over the world. You’ll naturally absorb more information at a conference or summit than you will online.
- You get the chance to escape the day to day rigors of running your business to focus on growing your business. The space this creates will allow for faster and bigger growth. Learning online in between sessions and then jumping right back into your routine kills some of that creativity and momentum.
- The content and knowledge being shared at live events is cutting edge and innovative. Much of what you see online is created after this information has been shared to audiences all over the country.
- You get the chance to connect with the experts and ask them questions. Emailing back and forth or connecting on social media is great, but being able to look a presenter in the eye, shake their hand and have a fluid conversation can’t be beat.
- Just ONE idea from a live event can dramatically impact your business. You don’t need to absorb everything from the event, you only need ONE big idea that will transform your business.
- You get to cut loose and have some fun! You work incredibly hard to grow and run your business. Attending these events allows you to kick back with other like minded individuals and have a little fun. You’ll go back rested and recharged.
- Your commitment to your craft and personal development can be used to position you as an expert. Showing your clients and target market that you are growing as a fitness and business pro helps you stand out among the trainer who’s biggest concern is running the rack for bicep curls on a Saturday.
- You’ll open your mind to new possibilities. It’s easy to get stuck in your own little world, running your business and gridding away. Stepping away for a few days allows you to see what’s possible in terms of growth in your business and for yourself. Your mindset will shift and growth becomes easier because you are able to think bigger.
If you aren’t willing to invest in yourself how can you expect your clients to invest in themselves with you?
The Elite Fitness & Performance Summit 2018 is the #1 event for Fitness Business Pros! If you want to level up as a business owner and grow your business then this is a MUST attend event. Save $100 on your registration and get $1,036 in bonuses by registering today.