Are 6-week Transformation Challenges Dead?
A lot of so-called marketing gurus are quick to call a proven marketing tactic ‘dead’ as clickbait.
So are 6-week transformation challenges dead?
If you are marketing your challenges the same way you did a year ago, your challenge might be on life support.
But if you continue to innovate and execute well in your marketing, challenges continue to be a proven tactic to bring in new revenue and new clients.
So if you need some fresh ideas for your challenge, check out the analysis below of a transformation campaign that brought in over $60,000 in sales for my business.
Here are the details:
6-Week New Year Reboot
- Started at $250, then price increased to $275 after week 1 of campaign, then $300 after week 2
- Payment options were 1 payment, 2 monthly payments, 6 weekly payments
Finally! Take Back Control of Your Body & Reboot Your Metabolism to Feel Fit, Strong, & Confident Again in the New Year…
(Plus, Win Cash For Your Transformation)
- 6 Weeks of Training, Recovery & Nutrition Coaching, Accountability, & Community Support
- Unlimited Access to All Semi-Private & Group Training Sessions at All Locations (Burlingame, Redwood City, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, & Santa Clara)
- Habit-Based Nutrition Guide, including:How to create the perfect meal
- How to control your portions
- How to master meal prep
- How to prep & love your veggies
- How to get all your micronutrients naturally
- 25 ways to eat well on the go
- Customized Habit Based Nutrition & Lifestyle Program
- Access to Private Facebook Support Group
- Weekly Accountability Check-Ins
- 4 Possible Start Dates: December 29th, January 5th, January 12th, January 26th
- Score 90% on your Accountability Score and win $50 cash of workouts (up to 4pts/week) + Coach Catalyst compliance (1pt/day) + Weekly Check-In Facebook Group (5pts/week) + Completion of Measurement & Testing (5pts each)
- Lose 6% of your body weight and win $100 cash
- Lose 10% of your body weight and win $200 cash
Here are the stats:
Front End Sales:
Membership Sales (12-Month Contract Value):
(13 New Members)
Total Facebook/Instagram Ad Spend:
- 1223 total leads
- $10.53/lead targeting men on the Facebook Newsfeed
- $11.04/lead targeting women on the Facebook Newsfeed
- $27.13/lead targeting women on the Instagram Newsfeed
- $100.00/lead targeting women on Instagram Stories
Total Marketing Expenses:
- Facebook/Instagram Lead Generation Campaigns
- TextMagic for the automated text sequence
- Mailchimp for the automated text
- Samcart for the sales page/shopping cart
- Typeform for the registration form
- Google Sheets for tracking
- Zapier to connect the different pieces of the funnel
- Coach Catalyst for habit-based nutrition coaching
- Facebook Groups for weekly accountability
Here’s what went well:
- Initial group orientation. For the fitness test in the orientation, we paired people up to count each other’s reps and the pairs very friendly and encouraging. This created a great community to start the program.
- Fitness test (1 min max pushups + 1 min max reverse lunges + 1 min max burpees w/1 min rest between each). The fitness test allowed us to show participants they were improving, even if they didn’t see changes on the scale.
- Facebook group engagement. Our team was intentional about responding quickly to posts in the group, which set the tone and created a lot of peer to peer interaction.
Here’s what we can do better:
- With multiple start dates, we did a poor job of making sure participants got their midpoint and final testing and measurements completed.
- The delay in getting the testing and measurements done and organized caused a delay in getting the cash rewards to some of those who earned them. We also planned on sending the rewards via PayPal, but not everyone had a PayPal account.