How to Use Facebook To Get Leads WITHOUT Paying For Them

by | Jan 5, 2017 | Articles, For Business Owners, Stage 2 | 1 comment

(Last Updated On: March 14, 2024)

Effectively Using Facebook for Leads

Using Facebook ads to boost your business is all the rage right now, and rightfully so! It’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to reach a big audience. But, what if you’re not ready to pay for ads or just want another online marketing channel to compliment your paid Facebook marketing?

Good news! It’s possible to get leads from Facebook or any other social media channel you choose to use without having to pay for them. Below is a simple plan to get you started.

Leverage Your Personal Following

Example Testimonial - Facebook leadsMany trainers have built a following online through social media. It’s possible to do it for free, and it doesn’t have to require a ton of your time.

The most important thing to remember is that you need to have a plan. Sticking to a consistent schedule of posting and sharing content will give you the best chance for success.

The key to making free Facebook marketing work for you is to share great content. You need to find ways to engage and interact with your current clients and your target market.

Don’t just rely on your business page though. Facebook controls how many of those posts go out and to what size of audience. You can use your personal page to share content and build a following as well. This strategy works well for trainers that want to promote themselves as their brand.

Leverage your personal page to get an extended reach on your posts and build your business page. A simple tip is always sharing your business page posts from your personal page.

Example Testimonial - Facebook leadsHere’s a quick list of content that does well:

  • Videos
  • Blog posts that solve a problem for your audience
  • Testimonials
  • Case Studies
  • Before/After pictures
  • Pictures of workouts
  • Recipes

If you want to gain some traction, here’s a simple plan that you can follow:

  • Post 1 blog post a day
  • Post 1 client/group workout a day
  • Share one video tip per day

Don’t have time to do it all? Share other people’s content that your audience will enjoy. Everything doesn’t have to be unique to you. It will take you 15 minutes to post 3 times a day but you’ll be gaining a ton of awareness in your community.

It’s also critical that you interact with your clients via Facebook. Add your clients as friends, comment on their posts, tag them in posts, etc. You don’t have to constantly promote to make your presence known. Sometimes a little recognition or interaction is all it takes to get some attention for your business.

If you don’t want to be on Facebook all day, block off two 30-minute blocks and spend time interacting with clients and posting your content.

Getting Leads

Example - Facebook leadsYou can’t just share great content and hope that people come knocking at your door, call your business or hit you up via private messages. It’s critical that you have a call to action in each of your posts.

A good rule of thumb would be to have 25% of your content be promotion in nature. In the other 75% you can have subtle calls to action to sign up for free gifts (opt-ins), join your mailing list, or take action by clicking a link if they are interested. It’s a soft sell for those that are ready to take the next step.

In each video you post make sure to tell the person watching what they should do next. In your posts include a link or number to call. It’s easy to give direction for your audience while still adding value.

Just like this…

If you want a more thorough and detailed training on leveraging social media make sure to join The Academy today for just $39. Not only will you get access to our training modules but you’ll get our full marketing curriculum that will provide you with dozens of strategies to get more clients.

The Acadamy - Facebook leads

Author: Nick Berry

Nick Berry is an accomplished entrepreneur, CEO, mentor, and author, with a track record which includes founding and leading numerous companies to success since his first venture in 2002. Nick Berry is the Founder and CEO of Fitness Revolution.

A hand drawing an arrow with a businessman on it.


Proven strategies used by over
3,500 fitness entrepreneurs